When your club is vibrant, innovative, and making a difference in your community, it will attract prospective members.
Please note that some resources may require you to login to your MyRotary account.
Assess your club
Use these resources to see if your club is meeting members’ needs and reflecting the community:
- Rotary Club Health Check — Identify your club’s problem areas and make changes to help it stay relevant for members and the community.
- Is Your Club Healthy? — Take this Learning Center course to help your club improve its member experience, service and social events, public image, and club operations.
- Understanding Membership Reports: Getting Started — Learn how to use membership data to determine where to focus your membership efforts.
- Membership Assessment Tools — Analyze your member profile to identify prospective members and diversify your membership.
- Representing Your Community’s Professions (classification assessment)
- Diversifying Your Club (member diversity assessment)
- Finding New Club Members (prospective member exercise)
- Improving Your Member Retention (retention assessment and analysis)
- Enhancing the Club Experience (member satisfaction survey)
- Understanding Why Members Leave (exit survey)
- Building a Diverse Club — Take this Learning Center course to strengthen your membership and increase your club’s capacity to serve.
Engage current members
Use these resources to learn strategies that will keep members excited about Rotary:
- Best Practices for Engaging Members — Take this Learning Center course to develop strategies for engaging people at all stages of membership.
- Practicing Flexibility and Innovation — Take this Learning Center course to help you better serve the needs of members and prospective members.
- Find ideas, a FAQ, and other resources on rotary.org/flexibility.
- Enhancing the Club Experience — Tailor this member satisfaction survey to get opinions on your club’s future. Then act on the results and consider implementing your members’ ideas.
- Improving Your Member Retention — Learn when and why members leave your club and generate strategies to keep them engaged so they will stay.
- Connect for Good — Encourage members to get involved in their club, community, and the Rotary world for a more meaningful experience.
- Understanding Why Members Leave — Use this exit survey to address the reasons that members may be leaving your club.
Connect with prospective members
Use the strategies and ideas in these resources to connect with potential members:
- Engaging Younger Professionals — Welcoming younger professionals into Rotary is essential for us. Our digital kit will help you rethink membership and bring emerging leaders into your club.
- Strategies for Attracting New Members —Take this Learning Center course to help draw prospective members, update your club’s experience, and better highlight what it does well.
- Customizable club brochure — Design your own club brochure using the template on Rotary’s Brand Center. Choose images and wording to best represent your club.
- Discover Rotary — Show this presentation to prospective members or at your club’s public events. Add content and images specific to your club, and have prospective member brochures available.
- Finding New Club Members: A Prospective Member Exercise — Try these strategies to attract qualified members for your club.
- Impact Begins With You — Give this brochure to prospective members so they can understand what Rotary is about and what sets it apart from other organizations.
- Creating a Positive Experience for Prospective Members — Working with prospective members is a delicate task. Find tips and ideas to determine whether membership would match their needs as well as your club’s. Learn what you can do to ensure that prospects have a positive experience, regardless of whether they join.
Develop your club
Find ideas for planning and strengthening your club in these resources:
- Club Membership Committee Basics — Enroll in this learning plan to learn more about your responsibilities in developing a strategic plan to engage and attract members.
- Club Membership Committee Checklist — Follow these steps to identify prospective members, introduce them to your club and Rotary, invite them in a meaningful way, and be sure to engage them and get them involved.
- Strengthening Your Membership: Creating Your Membership Plan — Develop a long-term strategy for boosting membership.
- Be a Vibrant Club — Learn 10 best practices shared by vibrant clubs worldwide, along with regional versions featuring local success stories.
- Club flexibility — Learn about flexible membership and meeting options; view frequently asked questions, governance documents, a video, and start guides for alternative membership types, and flexible meeting formats.
- Regional membership seminar curriculum — Find session guides to lead breakout sessions at your regional membership seminar.
- District Membership Chair Terms and responsibilities — Description of role, term, and complete list of responsibilities.
- Your Membership Plan — This Learning Center course will teach you how to create a plan that includes steps your club can take to strengthen its membership.
- Leadership in Action — Develop skills such as teamwork, communication, and innovation in your club, with the session guides and ideas in this resource.
- Starting a Rotary Club — Learn what you need to do to form a club.