This program is designed to deliver educational opportunities to the Roterns around different vocations, develop skills related to administration, enhancing public image and give knowledge around The Rotary Foundation and Rotary membership.
Increase our impact, expand our reach, enhance participant engagement, and increase our ability to adapt.
Rotarianship last 16 weeks and is a partnership between the club/Rotarians and their Rotern. Expectations are set in week one and monitored throughout the program. Each club manages and funds their own intern program with the structure and guidelines provided by the district.
Rotern not only gets experience in Rotary club tasks, but also in a variety of professions within the community. Rotern is awarded a Rotary membership for 1 year.
Press Release are sent encourage potential participants to apply. Press Release is sent to media and neighboring college's if applicable. Applications are received and interview process takes place.
What's in it for the Rotary Clubs?
- Gain a younger member in each participating club for a year or many years
- Get some much needed help on club admin, fundraisers, service projects and public image
- The Rotern could potentially gain employment in a Rotarian owned business
- Public Image benefit - Rotary serves the community's young professionals
- Enhance Rotary's attraction to young professionals in general
- Roterns could potentially bring additional young Rotarians into Rotary.
For additional information or questions, please contact Program Chair, Kelsey Mitchell at 239-776-1699 or Click Here to Email Kelsey Mitchell.